Tuesday, September 12, 2017

TWD - Brown Butter Peach Tourte


This week's Tuesday with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi) recipe is Brown Butter Peach Tourte.  This luscious creation involves encasing peaches marinated in browned butter in Dorie's sweet shortcrust pastry:  


It's still cold here so fresh peaches were not an option, so I used canned peaches which I drained and patted dry.  I also rolled out Dorie's Sweet Shortcrust dough for the first time - I normally go for the press-in version, but the rolled out version was easy enough to do.   


The resulting pie was just delish - I served it warm without any accompaniments, as none were necessary.

To see what the other Dorie bakers made this week, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

10 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh I have this hesitation about using tinned peaches as I really don't like them. Can you really tell that they're the tinned kind once you cook them?

Johanna GGG said...

I don't have stone fruit in baked desserts often but when I do they are so good I wish I ate them more. I've been eating lots of stewed peaches lately because so little good fresh fruit (I am not a citrus person)

Cakelaw said...

Hi Lorraine, they are a little softer but I don't think they taste tinned.

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

I loved this one and wondered if it would work with canned peaches. Good to know it does!

shirley @ everopensauce said...

I bet you'd like the tourte even better with fresh peaches. Like the way this tourte looks!

Zosia said...

It looks lovely and I'm happy to hear it worked so well with canned fruit.

Diane Zwang said...

Glad this was a hit for you. I am looking forward to making it.

Kari said...

This looks and sounds delicious.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I remember my MIL making a peach cobbler with canned peaches---it was delicious! I think this is a better alternative than mealy, flavorless fresh peaches. Your pie looks delectable!!

2paw said...

I think if you transform the tinned peaches in some way, they are fine. I made something a while ago and gently sauted em and it made a difference. Oh, your peach dessert looks so yummy. It makes me look forward a little bit to Summer. I am sad it is the night time of I would be making a peach tourte right now!!!